Now that my daughter is old enough to not pull on my earrings or try to eat my necklace, I’ve been getting back into accessorizing my outfits. In fact, at 2.5 years old, Em loves to accessorize herself as well. She is always looking for her necklace or bracelet to wear. Mother like daughter, huh? 😉
Accessorizing your outfits can spruce up any boring “mom-fits”. Even if you are running around town in yoga pants, you can throw on a pair of cute stud earrings, or a dainty necklace and somehow you look a little more put-together. Oh, and let’s not forget hats! A baseball cap instantly makes a workout outfit go from a 2 to a 10!
top: old navy | shorts: gap factory | shoes: clarks | bag: cole haan, similar here | ring: david yurman | necklace: 6th borough boutique | bracelet: 6th borough boutique
More often than not, you can always find me wearing a simple necklace and/or earrings while toting a purse (aside from my wedding and engagement rings). I used to love wearing bracelets, remember the days of “arm candy” photos? That was me. But somehow with having a kid and constantly washing her hands made me forget about my love for bracelets. And bracelets are such an understated accessory yet can make an outfit sometimes! So when I got the opportunity to partner with 6th Borough Boutique, I knew I had to pick out a bracelet to try! The bracelet was a perfect touch for my casual date night outfit. Can you guess what “E” stands for? 😉
Here are my 5 personal no-fuss ways to accessorize your outfit which works for me every time!
- Know your style – even with accessorizing, knowing your style and what makes you comfortable and confident is the best way to go!
- Accessorize for appropriate occasions – big diamond gold hoops would definitely not work for a day at the beach.
- Keep it simple – Choose one statement piece or a few dainty pieces. Less is always best, in my humble opinion.
- Not all about jewelry! – Don’t forget hats, bags, and sunglasses. They also make an outfit!
- Invest in classic pieces – Don’t get me wrong, I love costume jewelry and have lots of them. But don’t forget to invest in classic pieces as well. They never go out of style and you can hand them down to your children. Vintage!
If you were looking to accessorize your summer outfits, I hope you found this helpful!
I want to thank my followers/readers and do a giveaway! I will be giving away the Dainty Onyx necklace I am wearing in the pictures. All you have to do is, 1. follow this blog (button at the bottom of the page) and 2. leave me a comment and tell me what your go-to accessory is on this post! For an extra entry, go to my Instagram and enter the giveaway there as well! The giveaway will end on Friday, Jun 1st, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. Open to US & Canada only. I’ll choose the winner the following day. Thanks so much and good luck!
Photo credit to Morgan @madclutter.